Replacing Carb vent hose on 426F

4 replies to this topic
  • shawnbassett26

Posted March 02, 2009 - 05:21 PM

Im going to replace my vent hoses on my carb. Any suggestions on where to buy the hose? Id like to buy the original "pink" hoes. I think its 3mm id? Let me know what you guys think.
~Shawn @ BMS

• 426 NOOB

Posted March 02, 2009 - 05:52 PM

Im going to replace my vent hoses on my carb. Any suggestions on where to buy the hose? Id like to buy the original "pink" hoes. I think its 3mm id? Let me know what you guys think.
~Shawn @ BMS

Any bike shop will have hose in stock for about $5 a pack which I think does 3/4 of the job. I had to get two packages to do my 426 and you can get a few different colors.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shawnbassett26

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:11 PM

Iv worked at most the dealers in my area, no one stocks stuff like that. I really want the original hose. I think im going to order it from www.sudco.com
~Shawn

• Birdy426

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:39 PM

If you're set on the pink OEM stuff, that's aboutt he best solution...though they have a 25 dollar minimum order for retail customers. Most hardware stores carry clear Tygon, polyethelene, or polynoassatall tubing for about 10 cents a foot. I did mine and my son's bikes for less than 5 bucks. It all turns yellow when exposed to fuel vapor anyway...

• FinchFan194

Posted March 02, 2009 - 08:08 PM

You can go to 7602racing.com and they have all kinds of different colors they also make the inline filter to keep dust from getting sucked into your carb. Not sure if it works other than the picture they show ya but it seems like a good idea.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.