Flywheel weight??

So I know there are hundreds of FWW posts out there. My question is this by increasing crank mass with a FWW is it hard on the motor? With all the power output these things put out seems they wanna rev freely and adding weight would stress everything out. Anyone know? If it matters my bike is an 04 yz450f.

i've run one on every bike i've owned pretty much...smokers,250 and 450 thumpers and never had any problems.it does make sense kinda what your saying....but i'm sure greyracer will answer and explain in detail:worthy:

It's no harder on the engine than taking a tooth off the rear sprocket, and can actually be beneficial by reducing some of the backlashing that goes on in the drive train at low speeds.

There is a slight increase in the stress applied to the flywheel key, but not much.

I have been racing for 12 years. MX then Enduro's and now Offroads.

I am an IDIOT for the first time ever I fitted a GYTR 10 OZ fww and wowowowowowow new bike. New complete Gytr clutch and some new tyres my Yz450 is a pleasure beyond pleasure in the tights and still the best fast woods and flats bike ever.

For the backlash thing GRacer is it just me or do I have less chain smack in lower rev range in the slow tight stuff??

GYTR is brilliant equipment and I will be hard pressed to use something else.

For the backlash thing GRacer is it just me or do I have less chain smack in lower rev range in the slow tight stuff??

GYTR is brilliant equipment and I will be hard pressed to use something else.

It's not you. That's one of the things I would expect from increasing rotating mass.

The GYT-R flywheels and the Dubach Flywheels are made in exactly the same way (weight rings welded to the OEM flywheel), and Yamaha apparently no longer offers the heavier flywheel for the earlier 450's.

It's not you. That's one of the things I would expect from increasing rotating mass.

The GYT-R flywheels and the Dubach Flywheels are made in exactly the same way (weight rings welded to the OEM flywheel), and Yamaha apparently no longer offers the heavier flywheel for the earlier 450's.

I have a 06 yz450 and I got Flywheel from Dealer stock so it might be that it has been in their inventry for some time.

My biggest hope for the FWW is that I clutch less and get longer life on my clutch components. It wont be completely fair as I am Using Gytr basket and new bub since installing the flywheel.

I have a 06 yz450 and I got Flywheel from Dealer stock so it might be that it has been in their inventry for some time.

My biggest hope for the FWW is that I clutch less and get longer life on my clutch components.

The heavier flywheels for the '06 and later are still available, only the early ones aren't.

The flywheel won't really reduce the need for clutching very much. Only gearing will do that. It will make it better behaved and easier to clutch during low speed operation.