How do you wash your WR
Posted March 02, 2009 - 03:04 PM
So what are some tips for cleaning my bike. What to look out for,what not to do,what produtcs to use? My first step was covering the exhaust pipe so I dont fill i with water.
Posted March 02, 2009 - 03:17 PM
1. plug up all holes (pipe, airfilter holes, etc)
2. spray a cleaner/degreaser all over bike (thats safe for aluminum so it wont anodize)
3. let it sit for a min or two and spray off the whole bike with the pressure washer.
4. i let my bike airdry but i blow air on it like from a leaf blower on it to let it dry...its quick and easy
5. after all that i go over the whole bike with wd40...under the fenders, everywhere except the brakes
hope that helps!
Posted March 02, 2009 - 04:52 PM
Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:17 PM
Posted March 02, 2009 - 07:05 PM
Posted March 02, 2009 - 07:36 PM
Leaves you bike smelling clean too...LOL. Give it a go. I got two guys hooked on it.
Posted March 02, 2009 - 07:38 PM
Posted March 02, 2009 - 10:11 PM
Posted March 03, 2009 - 04:42 AM
Posted March 03, 2009 - 05:02 AM
Don't know what type of effect the enzymes in shout have on your bike in the long run - they are VERY hard to just rinse off, and end up staying behind "working" on your clean bike after you have rinsed it off, working on exposed edges of paper gaskets, the backer material of your seat vinyl, and just about anything else non synthetic that may be on your bike - heck, they may even have some lasting effects on Synthetic materials.
Posted March 03, 2009 - 01:04 PM
Posted March 04, 2009 - 12:26 AM
...Rufusz, those seals are there to stop dirt and water (without pressure), not the extreme force of a pressure washer, if you get too close it will push the grease out (I've done it :-).
Of course if you hold it in front of the seal at 1cm for a period of time, but who does that? If you use it from a normal distance, you can wash it without problems.
Posted March 04, 2009 - 05:47 PM
Posted March 04, 2009 - 05:56 PM
Posted March 04, 2009 - 08:13 PM
if the truck and bike are dirt i will just go to the car wash .