9 replies to this topic
  • xr600r

Posted February 17, 2003 - 12:20 AM

I wonder why some dealers have heard from yamaha about the woodruff key problem... and some havent heard a word. :)

• adamwagar

Posted February 21, 2003 - 02:02 AM

Ya. Whats up with Yamaha. Afraid??? :)

• wr250rr

Posted February 21, 2003 - 02:32 AM

My dealer didn't even look at the service manual. So they couldn't have known about the Rotor torque correction as per the insert.

• adamwagar

Posted February 21, 2003 - 08:43 AM

Sometimes the dealer will only refer to the Assembly Manual. The updated torque specs should have been inserted in the Assembly Manual and the Service Manual.

• sabooo

Posted February 21, 2003 - 09:53 AM

Unless a dealer has called yamaha about the problem, they would not know about it at this point. Until a service bulletin is issued, most will not know. Most dealers have sold only one or two WR450s at this time, and unless one of them has started grenading flywheel keys they really would not have any reason to learn of this. I wouldn't be too hard on your dealer, as they are your best friend on this issue, and the problem with the bike is certainly not their fault.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adamwagar

Posted February 21, 2003 - 12:43 PM

I agree 100%. My dealer knows about the problem because of ThumperTalk. Wouldn't it be nice if Yamaha was as an effective communicator as ThumperTalk.

I'm waiting for the official TSB.
I really don't want to replace the crank because of a botched "Over the phone Fix" .

• Motorod

Posted February 21, 2003 - 04:56 PM

My dealer knows about this because I told him I heard it on TT. He has not even got one yet. I had to go to Macon GA to pick mine up.

• xr600r

Posted February 21, 2003 - 05:15 PM

my manual didnt have the insert sheet, stating the correct torque. any body else not get one ?

• Superbike

Posted February 22, 2003 - 11:31 AM

Mine did not have it. Just corrected in the manual.
XR --Went to Tom's They were closed. :)

• xr600r

Posted February 22, 2003 - 11:34 AM

my wife talked to scott at toms thursday....he hasnt heard anything about it. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.