3 replies to this topic
  • xr600r

Posted February 16, 2003 - 10:39 PM

I still have time to go back and get an extended warranty on this thing. maybe not a bad idea. what do you guys think ? :)

• sabooo

Posted February 16, 2003 - 11:22 PM

I dont think Yamaha offers any extended warranties for any of their offroad products. I may be wrong, tho.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr600r

Posted February 17, 2003 - 12:10 AM

the yamaha plan doesnt cover wr's and yz's...it's through an aftermarket company that the dealer works with.
$700 for 3 years....ouch. :)

• WR450F_4600FT

Posted February 17, 2003 - 06:59 PM

xr600r is on the money on the warranty thing. Yamaha does'nt offer one. Some dealers do in house extended warranties usally with a hefty deductable and just try to see how many ways they try to blame whatever the problem is on it being your fault for not doing something right. I think just ride the sh** out of it in the first 30 days and if nothing lets loose you should be good for the long haul.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.