wr450 first time mods.

No replies to this topic
  • hatecrisus

Posted March 02, 2009 - 10:37 AM

Hi , first of all , i have a canadian WR450F 2004 , ive used it for 4 months , and now that season 2009 is about to start here's what mod i want to do , i just need some help for the jetting , ive read FAQ section but since i dont know the stock main jet and pilot size , i want to be sure to give the right info at my dealer , since the guy dont work with wr450 too often.

THE BIKE IS STOCK NOW :

here's the mod that will be done please help for pilot and main size please , i dont know anything in that.

Air snorkel remove
grey wire cut
YZ450 pipe to replace the stock one
throttle stop (yz size)

and the dealer says i should jet the main one and keep the pilot stock , i do 90% of trail riding near sea level in summer condition (25degree)
what should i buy or do ? just jet the stock main jet and keep pilot or buy a kit ?

please need some help

im no pro racer :p im just looking for the snap in throttle response and better 4th and 5th gear , and i want to do the right setup for the bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.