help find the impossible. full plastic kit.

3 replies to this topic
  • pasedogg

Posted March 01, 2009 - 09:59 PM

anyone have a clue where to get a fullplastic kit for the wr 400, i checked everywhere, go ahead check ur favorite sites

• Birdy426

Posted March 01, 2009 - 10:33 PM

You won't be able to find one with the stock WR fender and headlight/front number plate. To the best of my knowledge, no one makes an aftermarket WR rear fender, nor the stock headlight/number plate. The dealer will be happy to sell you one of each...

If you want to run a YZ fender and an aftermarket tail light (like the Baja Designs LED) or no tail light, and either your existing headlight, an aftermarket headlight (like acerbis) or no headlihgt, then One Industries and Acerbis make kits for YZ400s. Everyhthing else will work for ya.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaFool

Posted March 01, 2009 - 10:51 PM

Individual parts are available from Yamaha USA. The price will break you, however. Everything is available from UFO, fenders(only shows front, but I found the rear also), side number plates and radiator shrouds here. http://www.motosport......s=side cover. Prices are very reasonable. I assumed a 1999 WR400. Looks like the WR400 went from 98-00 for the WR.

Posted March 02, 2009 - 10:35 AM

Like Birdy says - The YZ rear fender is a direct bolt on and you can go with aftermarket tail light if you choose. The rear fender for the YZ should be affordable through any aftermarket supplier.

In regard to the headlight cowl... you'll only get that through Yamaha but if it's anything like the 07' it will be relatively cheap.. I only paid $14 for the 07' headlight cowl a couple months ago.

Good Luck!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.