New addition to the family

6 replies to this topic
  • yzinger6

Posted March 01, 2009 - 06:10 PM

So I finally picked up my bike from the stealership, after it took them 2 weeks to get it on the floor because it was special order. Oh well, riding now! I have not ridden on the dirt in 3 years, and this is a HUGE step from my 250F. I am amazed. Being such a small dude it is hard for me to get it started and make sharp slow turns too :p Anyway, I did a search, and I cannot find any carb settings for my altitude. Any recommendations for 4000-5000 feet? Here is my baby. In front of all my other babies.
Posted Image

• FinchFan194

Posted March 01, 2009 - 09:24 PM

• davcon

Posted March 02, 2009 - 07:01 AM

OTD is a stealership? I was happy with the Chilcoot store (now out of business) I ride in the Pine Nut Mtns and left my jetting stock. Just got it in November so not sure if a jetting change will be needed in summer. I put a 51 rear sprocket which helps in the tight single track stuff. Is that an R1 or R6? Ever ride the truck route to VC?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kasjok

Posted March 02, 2009 - 07:15 AM

From common threads:

• yzinger6

Posted March 02, 2009 - 09:37 AM

thanks for the link. but didn't help much. all those setting were for sea level. And ya, I ride VC just about every other day once the sand is cleared off the road. it is a 2007 R6. Are you SSA by any chance?

• grayracer513

Posted March 02, 2009 - 09:42 AM

For a 4000 foot increase in altitude, multiply the listed jet sizes by 0.96

For a 200 foot increase use 0.98

That should get you close.

• davcon

Posted March 02, 2009 - 07:10 PM

Dont know what SSA is........ I head up to VC for lunch occasionally and on weekends. Cant wait for spring/summer! Enjoy that 450.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.