Grey wire

1 reply to this topic
  • Loren_Horn

Posted August 06, 2002 - 01:21 PM

Hey this is my first time on I own a 2000 WR400F. I have noticed that some people on here mention a grey wire. what is this grey wire. Where is it and what does it do? Thanks for your help. Loren.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tk421

Posted August 06, 2002 - 02:04 PM

The grey wire applies to US bikes. It enables them to pass a noise test set up by the feds.
I noticed better mid range engine control when I did mine. Did not notice any seat of the pants horsepower gains whatsoever.
Kaze took some excellent pictures of the location of the grey wire, click on the link.
Pull the wire out of the connector and use heat shrink to cap it off. Or you can just cut it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.