Kind of a stupid question

3 replies to this topic
  • Dav810

Posted March 01, 2009 - 12:04 PM

I put on a Vapor speedo the other day and I noticed something different and I need someone WITHOUT a Vapor to see if Im right.

When you start the bike, does the red light on the ignition switch go out?

Since I put the Vapor on, I noticed that light goes out when the bike is started. I just dont remember if it went out when I had the stock speedo hooked up.

Any help is appreciated. :p

• erickdj

Posted March 01, 2009 - 12:15 PM

I put on a Vapor speedo the other day and I noticed something different and I need someone WITHOUT a Vapor to see if Im right.

When you start the bike, does the red light on the ignition switch go out?

Since I put the Vapor on, I noticed that light goes out when the bike is started. I just dont remember if it went out when I had the stock speedo hooked up.

Any help is appreciated. :p

perfectly normal, it just indicates that the switch is on, but the engine is off. That's just how it works. how do you like the Vapor? is the tach feature good?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dav810

Posted March 01, 2009 - 05:02 PM

Cool, thanks.

The Vapor works pretty good. I got it up to 104mph earlier. The tach works pretty good, maybe a very slight delay, but nothing to sweat. I need to go back thru the directions and see why its not reading coolant temp. I probably just didnt program it right or something.

• Alternative

Posted March 01, 2009 - 10:23 PM

^^^ You have to reset it before the coolant temp will read. Hold the left and middle buttons down for a few seconds and the display will flash. This also resets the tripmeter and max. readings. Also if you're riding on the road your bike might not be getting hot enough, it doesn't start reading until 38°C (100°F).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.