DP clutch problems

No replies to this topic
  • trevorchappell

Posted February 27, 2009 - 07:02 PM

I have an 08 yz 450 and the clutch was starting to slip so I decided to give the dp clutch kit a try. But I ran into a snag when I went to install it. Stock the bike had 8 fibers and the dp kit came with 9. I didn't think much of it at first but when I installed all 9 they all would not fit so I put 8 in and then i could not get the clutch do disengage. Evin with the adjusters all the way out. The only way that I could get the clutch to work is to stack 2 steel plates together and use 7 fibers. I checked the part # twice and it is supposed to be the right one for the bike I am just wondering if anyone else experienced this before or if maybe it was packaged wrong. I have installed many clutches and never ran into this problem before.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.