Wheelchair Needed.....SCORED A WHEELCHAIR!!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • Mike_L.

Posted August 06, 2002 - 07:03 AM

I have a neighbor that has Diabetes. His right leg has been amputated due to the desease. The wheelchair he had was old and finally broke and now he needs a new one. Unfortunaetly his wife can not afford to buy him a new one so I have decided to help them out. If anyone knows anyone in the Medical field having access to wheelchairs at great price, please let me know. Seeing him makes me appreciate the health I have and humbles me with respect to me being able to enjoy this wonderful sport of motorcycle riding.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace,

Michael
(818) 906-9718
email: Mlaengerco@aol.com

I CAN NOT EXPRESS HOW TOUCHED I WAS FROM ALL THE POSITIVE AND HELPFUL RESPONSES I RECIEVED FROM MY POST. ONCE AGAIN, I SEE HOW MANY CARING AND THOUGHTFUL PEOPLE THERE ARE IN THIS WORLD. MY FRIEND MIKE NOW HAS A VERY COOL WHEELCHAIR AND HIS SPIRITS ARE HIGHER THAN EVER. HE THANKS EVERYONE AND I THANK EVERYONE FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP OUT. MAY ALL THE GOODWILL OFFERED COME BACK TO YOU ALL TEN TIMES OVER!! TT'ERS, YOU ALL ROCK!!

PEACE TO ALL,

MICHAEL

[ August 06, 2002: Message edited by: Mike L. ]

[ August 06, 2002: Message edited by: Mike L. ]

• keith_king

Posted August 06, 2002 - 07:32 AM

hey mike im sorry to hear about your neighbor....... i have a couple friends that are RN's ill see what they can do as far as getting deals on wheelchairs.............keith

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted August 06, 2002 - 09:28 PM

Michael,

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1755691400

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Extreme_Diesel

Posted August 06, 2002 - 01:14 PM

What an awesome thing to do. Good job man! :)

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought "oh oh, someone got hurt". I'm glad it isn't a riding accident, but sorry about your neighbor. I'm sure they will be very grateful. :D

• Ridin'_MD

Posted August 06, 2002 - 02:26 PM

Have his MD write a perscription for the chair. His insurance should cover it and he can pick one up at any medical appliance store (assuming he has insurance).

If no insurance, he can go to the "County" or public hospital ER - they should be able to provide a free chair.

BL

• Ridin'_MD

Posted August 06, 2002 - 02:28 PM

If you are in Sherman Oaks, and he doesn't have insurance, direct him to Olive View Hospital in Sylmar or I'll see him at LA County + USC Med Ctr.

Although if he is in Sherman Oaks, he's probably got insurance.

BL :)

[ August 06, 2002: Message edited by: Ridin' MD ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.