Fork Leg Compatability

2 replies to this topic
  • minnesotajamie

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:16 PM

I have an 07 YZ450F that I use for desert racing. I recently dinged the lower left fork leg such that it's gouged through the chrome and is creating the obvious leaking seal issues. I love riding on the rocky goat trails and I guess this is the price I pay. A new leg is 300 bucks (ouch). I have read all the posts on how to "repair" the leg with jb weld and sandpaper but I really just want to do it right.

Before I pop for the new part I thought I should at least look on ebay- might be able to buy an entire fork set for less than the OEM part. Since there are quite a bit of YZ parts out there does anyone know which parts will fit my 07 450F forks? For example will an 07 YZ 250F fork be the same parts? 06? You know what I mean.

Any advice is appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:44 PM

Do some research here:

You didn't say which side you dinged, but one thing for certain, the lower left side of the '07 250F and both the '08+ YZF's are different. I'm going to guess that you're stuck with '06-'07 YZ450 stuff, but something else may work.

Have you looked into having it replated? Contact a local suspension service shop.

• minnesotajamie

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:46 PM

I dinged the left side

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.