Just Saying Thanks...

3 replies to this topic
  • scraldog

Posted February 27, 2009 - 09:30 AM

Hey guys, this is the first time I am posting and just wanted to say thanks! After lurking in the shadows of the forum for quite some time, I need to pay homage to all that helped me without even knowing it. I recently finished most of the upgrades on my “new to me" 99 wr; mainly: hotcams, fuel screw, jd jet kit, total carb cleaning and some other stuff.

Before I did all this, the bike barely ran and literally took about a half hour to get fired up; not anymore! Just put everything back together last night and it fired second kick and every kick after that.

I have not wrenched on a bike for over 10 years and that was on 2-strokes. I was fairly intimidated about working on a four stroke but with all the info on this site it was surprisingly easy. And go figure, a bike that has been sitting for who knows how long would be hard to start…

So in the end THANK YOU VERY MUCH fellow riders and wrenchers!!!

• erickdj

Posted February 27, 2009 - 09:46 AM

I think a lot of us have had an experience like that. A couple years ago I got into the sport and bought a ttr250 that wouldn't start. Took it to the dealer, they took 2 months to re-jet it and clean the carb.:lol: Then they proceed to rape me with the amount of $140. The bike still didn't run that great after I picked it up from them. During the 2 months they had the bike, I found thumpertalk, read a bunch of posts under the ttr forum and learned the basics. The day I took the bike home from the shop, I wrenched on it and fixed it in 30 minutes. From that point forward I've never taken any of my bikes to a shop, and probably never will. I started not knowing anything about bikes in 2006, and now thanks to TT I've modded the crap out of my WR.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted February 27, 2009 - 10:08 AM

Gotta love the internet - welcome fellow 4hunny owner!

• byggd

Posted February 27, 2009 - 10:43 AM

I gotten a ton of good advise here too! (and hopefully given some). Great forum site!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.