WR street leagle

5 replies to this topic
  • Thumpergod

Posted February 15, 2003 - 08:25 PM

My friend has a WR426F and he wants to make it street leagle how can he do that? i herd about something out of state that you can change the title over the net?

• WR450F_4600FT

Posted February 17, 2003 - 07:23 PM

Your local department of motor Vehicles should have a list of what has to be done. I just finished converting my WR450 to steet leagle here in Arizona. It was a snap here. Good luck

• john450f

Posted February 17, 2003 - 07:40 PM

wr450f 4600ft, where are you in Az and please tell me what you had to do to get legal. I'min prescott area and wanting to get street legal myslf

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450F_4600FT

Posted February 17, 2003 - 08:29 PM

It will not be as easy for you as for us that don't have emissions testing like our little Sierra Vista, AZ.
hear is a list of what I had to do:
White Brothers brake light switch $15-20
Trail Tech computer (speedo,trip) $80
ACERBIS fold away mirrors $10ea
Horn w/Yamaha kill switch $5+15
Baja Designs Lic plate bracket $20
Round lic plate light (Wallmart) $5
Turn signals not Required if operating in hours of daylight.

• Magile

Posted February 18, 2003 - 08:09 AM

I'm about to title & register my WR450 in Vermont. I'll let you know how it goes. See Vermont DMV info at:

http://www.aot.state...Motorcycles.htm

As soon as that's done I'll transfer title & registration to home state, NJ. I plan to add either Electrex or Baja Design dual sport kit, Pirelli MT21's, & Acerbis mirrors to pass NJ DMV inspection.

-Magile

• BrandonW

Posted February 18, 2003 - 09:01 AM

Hey ThumperGod,
Not going to happen here in WA state if the bike does not already have a plate on it. I have a '98 WR400 that got a plate on it back in '98, and I have buddies who bought out of state bikes that already had a plate on them, but plating a used WA bike will not work.

Good luck....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.