Jet question? WR450, What to start with?

No replies to this topic
  • Motorod

Posted February 15, 2003 - 08:23 PM

Stock Jet needle is position (JN) = OBDUT-4 I think. I am at 800 ft., and 20 to 40 F. I have ridden the bike once, and it was great except it still has an off idle bog. I have not been on a track yet, just in my yard, but don't want thet off idle bog!!!! When I had a 2000 YZ426 that OFF IDLE BOG thru me over the bars in a set of 6 large woops. :)
I have ordered the following Jet Needles:

5NL-14916-EN-00 (#OBELN) for YZ250F 2003
5TJ-14916-D1 #DUQ From my manual for richer jet.
5TA-14916-JN-00 (#NDJN) for (YZ-450F) 2003
might try: NCVQ-4 or 0BDRR-4....

I have also ordered the #100 PAJ and a #72 chock jet. I know the #72 chock jet will not help my problem, just thought I would get it Cause UT says it helped his starting.
When these jets come in, what order should I change them out?
I know Taffy did a lot of testing on jetting on the 426 hope he sees this post. When the snow and rain quit and the jets get to me I will be testing these. How to go about it is the real question?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.