Jason Lawrence YZ450F

24 replies to this topic
  • nori41

Posted February 26, 2009 - 02:34 PM

(i find this interesting )

http://motocross.tra...and-his-yz450f/

• FinchFan194

Posted February 26, 2009 - 02:53 PM

I am wondering if he will even make it to the night show without getting into trouble. The kid has LOTS of talent just NO brains to go along with it!

• nori41

Posted February 26, 2009 - 03:01 PM

He does seem to be very talanted but very rebellious at the same time.
I hope he makes it big, maybe he just needs to mature a bit.

• FinchFan194

Posted February 26, 2009 - 03:05 PM

Ya I don't hate him by any means would like to see him do well and grow up more than "a bit" but a lot. I am cool with a rebel, but there is a difference between rebellion and stupidity. Did you hear about his shenannigan with Josh Hansen and Steve Boniface and co. now that was stupid.

• nori41

Posted February 26, 2009 - 03:09 PM

There is a video on TWMX of J.Law testing his YZ, that dude sure has a lot of talent.

• FinchFan194

Posted February 26, 2009 - 03:10 PM

There is a video on TWMX of J.Law testing his YZ, that dude sure has a lot of talent.

Yep I saw it yesterday.

• schrode

Posted February 26, 2009 - 03:12 PM

i think he's a loser. who cares if he's talented, there's plenty of talent out there. the kid is an immature jerk who really has no idea what opportunities he's at risk of losing if he doesn't grow up.

• nori41

Posted February 26, 2009 - 03:20 PM

Sure, but he brings some color to a sport that like many others these days is too full of mindless, characterless zombies.

• 08YZ450Derek

Posted February 26, 2009 - 04:16 PM

J-Law already made it big, he was riding for Yamaha of Troy. Then he screwed it all up like everyone already knows. He has to spend his own $ now that he got booted. Of course he is changing his attitude, its his money on the line. I don't think he has what it takes to run with Steward and Reed.:lol: He is just a really good rider and thats all, look at Windham he is awesome but can't run with Stewart for long. That's what Im talking about.. It's rare to have that speed and talent.

• 642MX

Posted February 26, 2009 - 04:57 PM

I think he's good for the sport. Every village needs an idiot and this one is entertaining to say the least. You can bet I'll be at Indy cheering him on this weekend...:lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hillclimbguy

Posted February 26, 2009 - 06:35 PM

The kid needs to grow up. Get his sheet together and step up the plate. He's got everything going for him. Just keep his mouth shut and put his talent on the track and let his riding to the talking for him.
As soon as he opens his mouth, then he takes a step backwards. Their are several young talented riders that would give their left nut to be where he is.
Come on Jay Law. Just shut up and go race your bike.

• FinchFan194

Posted February 26, 2009 - 06:41 PM

J-Law already made it big, he was riding for Yamaha of Troy. Then he screwed it all up like everyone already knows. He has to spend his own $ now that he got booted. Of course he is changing his attitude, its his money on the line. I don't think he has what it takes to run with Steward and Reed.:lol: He is just a really good rider and thats all, look at Windham he is awesome but can't run with Stewart for long. That's what Im talking about.. It's rare to have that speed and talent.

You are misinformed Jay didn't get booted from YOT the team lost its support from Yamaha and closed down their efforts. Although I think he should have been let go by them in my opinion.

• grayracer513

Posted February 26, 2009 - 09:28 PM

You are misinformed Jay didn't get booted from YOT the team lost its support from Yamaha and closed down their efforts. Although I think he should have been let go by them in my opinion.

The issue is really pretty sticky. Yamaha wanted him gone, the AMA wanted him out, and for some reason, YOT wanted to keep him. Yamaha cut off support for YOT, and YOT suspended operations until they organized the funding to go privateer. Read more here:

http://www.motocross...7F1E2D2EC606B6B

http://www.motocross...19A6F03FB6EDBE7

Personally, I think he's a spoiled brat who's never been held responsible for anything. What he really needs is to be tossed out on his ear and learn to make a living for himself.

• adamdf

Posted February 26, 2009 - 09:41 PM

Sure, but he brings some color to a sport that like many others these days is too full of mindless, characterless zombies.

To be honest, i never liked him much at first, but hes aright man i agree with you. Also it i skind of strange, but despite his immaturity at times, he kind of seems like a more well rounded kid than the rest of the racers out there, doesn't seem like some home schooled kid that never got to see the outside world if ya know what i mean. At the same time though, he probably should turn it down a notch, the kid has a bright future ahead of him i think.

• PAdaytonaman

Posted February 27, 2009 - 05:16 AM

The issue is really pretty sticky. Yamaha wanted him gone, the AMA wanted him out, and for some reason, YOT wanted to keep him. Yamaha cut off support for YOT, and YOT suspended operations until they organized the funding to go privateer. Read more here:

http://www.motocross...7F1E2D2EC606B6B

http://www.motocross...19A6F03FB6EDBE7

Personally, I think he's a spoiled brat who's never been held responsible for anything. What he really needs is to be tossed out on his ear and learn to make a living for himself.

Amen to that: I am good friends with a guy that watched him grow up in Jersey, and even knew the guy who tried to help him as a teenager and he blew that too. He needs major therapy. Perhaps a Jeff Spencer type of guy could help him. He doesn't realize that in a blink of an eye, he'll be thirty, than forty, than he be a bitter old man, saying "I could a been a contenda",

What a punk

• Ga426owner

Posted February 27, 2009 - 09:26 AM

Funny - he was training with Ryno and Ryan Hughes could not even get him to focus on racing without fighting.....the kid has talent and drive and way too much testosterone. He just needs a good "ole fashion @$$ whooping" :lol:

• grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2009 - 09:50 AM

Funny - he was training with Ryno and Ryan Hughes could not even get him to focus on racing without fighting.....the kid has talent and drive and way too much testosterone. He just needs a good "ole fashion @$$ whooping" :lol:

Or Marine boot camp. The DI's know how to fix that kind of problem.

Posted Image

• erickdj

Posted February 27, 2009 - 09:58 AM

the kid has talent and drive and way too much testosterone. He just needs a good "ole fashion @$$ whooping" :lol:

I think that just about sums it up. The kid is a good rider, has potential, but he's an idiot. That's the most common problem these days with kids, they're spoiled idiots that don't appreciate what they have. Parents never teach them anything, don't kick their ass when they misbehave, and spoil the crap out of them. This guy needs someone to ride his ass hard, put him in his place, and kick his ass every time he gets out of line. I was looking forward to seeing him race this season, would have been nice to see him battle with Dungey and Weimer, but that didn't happen. Lets see if he can focus on RIDING on the 450f. Should be interesting if he can light up a fire behind Villopoto's ass. I know he's got nothing for Stewart, Reed, or even Short, but Villopoto should be an easy target for him, if he can just focus on what he's doing. I'm hoping that all of that drive, energy, talent, and testosterone don't go to waste.

• Wiz636

Posted February 27, 2009 - 10:30 AM

Or Marine boot camp. The DI's know how to fix that kind of problem.

Posted Image

No doubt, a Marine DI would make short work of J-Law.

• grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2009 - 10:40 AM

No doubt, a Marine DI would make short work of J-Law.

Throwing J-Law into MCRD would be like tossing a stack of free pizzas on the table at a college dorm. :lol:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.