00 WR400F...no brake pressure

5 replies to this topic
  • wadejjet

Posted February 26, 2009 - 02:05 PM

I have a 2000 WR400F that's giving me front brake issues. I can bleed them all day long but I can't ever build any pressure. Not sure what my problem is because there definitely is not a leak anywhere so i'm not sure if this is caused by a bad seal or some number of other things.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• chaindriven

Posted February 26, 2009 - 02:20 PM

sounds like you have air in the line. did you make sure the reservoir did not empty when filling the line? if you had a leak in the system you would see fluid.

• wadejjet

Posted February 26, 2009 - 02:23 PM

Yea i've still got fluid but i'm thinking I maybe still just have some air that i'm not getting out by bleeding them the regular way. I just read a post about removing the caliber from the front wheel and holding it above the master cylinder level and bleeding it like normal...so maybe that'll do the trick. We'll see though...thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TallBoysWRF

Posted September 04, 2009 - 08:13 AM

Did you ever get it figured out? I'm having the same problem with my '99.

• mrlopez

Posted September 04, 2009 - 08:54 AM

use a vacuum pump that should solve the problem

• pablo83

Posted September 06, 2009 - 07:27 PM

The front brake line runs higher than the reservior which makes it have to bleed. The vacuum pump will help a lot. Another option is the remove the handlebars and raise the reservior above the brake line while bleeding.

If these steps don't work then you probably have a bad master cylinder, replace it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.