For those with a WR450 & a YZF 450

6 replies to this topic
  • Knowledge seeker

Posted February 26, 2009 - 07:32 AM

Which bike would be better for cross country racing?. I'm looking at a '07 WR450 & a '08 YZF450. The track has medium size jumps & a lot of single track turns. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Roger

• MaxPower

Posted February 26, 2009 - 08:18 AM

[COLOR="Green"]If your track has any jumps at all and you are less than 275 lbs of muscle you want a YZ450[/COLOR]

• erickdj

Posted February 26, 2009 - 09:15 AM

Which bike would be better for cross country racing?. I'm looking at a '07 WR450 & a '08 YZF450. The track has medium size jumps & a lot of single track turns. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Roger

yz450f hands down. The jumps and the tight single track tip the scales majorly towards the yz in this case. The suspension is leagues better for jumps, and the lighter weight is a great benefit in tight single track. This is obviously doing a comparison of both bikes in stock or near stock form. The wr can be modded to be a great bike for what you want, but it will take time and $$ to do, while the yz will be ready pretty much out of the crate.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted February 26, 2009 - 10:06 AM

If you want to do racing, I'd go with the YZ all day.

• Knowledge seeker

Posted February 26, 2009 - 06:31 PM

Thanks a lot for your replies. I guess the magic button was steering me towards the WR.

• ch_250

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:35 PM

i think the WR gering is better for the tight trails though. and suspension set up better for logs, rocks and roots no?

• acarter92

Posted February 28, 2009 - 06:18 AM

Although I love my WR, I would agree with everybody else and say the the YZ is going to be better. With some work and a little money (suspension) the WR could be pretty close to the YZ in just about every way, but then you have the advantages of electric start and lights.

Austin

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.