Quiet cores

4 replies to this topic
  • kingquad450

Posted February 25, 2009 - 05:24 PM

The wr426 I just bought has a Pro Circuit exhaust system on it and I am tring to quiet it down some (to help please the neighbors). My question is if I install the quiet core will I have to rejet the carb? or won't it make that much difference.

• Sierra_rider

Posted February 26, 2009 - 01:08 AM

Yes, you'll probably have to rejet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted February 26, 2009 - 01:01 PM

You're better off just getting a new quiet design muffler.

I had a T-4 on my old bike and the quiet tip knocked off 2 db at 3750rpm (test rpm). It was still loud at big throttle openings even though it was technically legal.

My friend had an older style T-4 on his XR 250R (huge core/megaphone midpipe) and the quiet tip from my muffler actually made his bike louder and made the sound "tinny"

That same friend rides an XR 600 now with the latest T-4 (cone style end cap) and its actually pretty reasonable at idle and small throttle openings but its still deafening at big throttle openings.

I think the quiet tip would be a waste of money if you're trying to do the stealth thing.

• kingquad450

Posted February 27, 2009 - 03:46 AM

I wasn't going to buy a quiet core I have left from the ttr.You are right it didn't seem to make much difference.

• byggd

Posted February 27, 2009 - 10:45 AM

I have the stock exhaust on my 02 and run it open and with an after market insert with out having to rejet. But then again I'm running a JD kit.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.