Port Huron Michigan is sooo wealthy...........

11 replies to this topic
  • usmcpaul

Posted February 24, 2009 - 09:06 PM

Too late guy's.....It's official. On the extreme sports dome web site, they are closed.

Luckily Port Huron has enough prosperous business's (unlike the rest of the country) so they can afford to turn away business.

What a bunch of fools.

I know I posted this reply on another thread, but I had to say it again.

• avoidthedog

Posted February 25, 2009 - 10:28 AM

it was a great facility. hopefully there will be more indoor tracks to open in michigan in the future.

• usmc0331

Posted February 25, 2009 - 12:51 PM

they closed down because they didnt pay the bills.

• Rudydog

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:17 PM

No, they closed because of a few complaints and a clause in the zoning agreement. It's to bad. Most people said they could barely hear it outside let alone in their homes, but they got the 100 sigs they needed to have another hearing about it.

• bigredhonda

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:26 PM

My dad lives on Gratiot just across from that place and told me they closed it because of complaints.He doesnt ride and is in his 60's.
He wrote a letter to the city to quit being so petty,and if the buisness is makng money there was no since in closing it down.Him being a buisness owner himself and a part of the community was out raged that they would force them to close.You cant make a honest buck anymore.

• whighty450rider

Posted February 25, 2009 - 03:43 PM

it was a great facility. hopefully there will be more indoor tracks to open in michigan in the future.

there is a large demand, i would be willing to bet there will be another one open soon.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted February 26, 2009 - 01:22 PM

I just got done deleting the pissing match posts mucking up this thread, so I've repoened it for discussion.

If anyone can't discuss this topic without personal attacks and name calling, I'm just banning without warning. Rules without teeth are suggestions and I'm not making a suggestion here.

Sorry for the interuption.

• usmcpaul

Posted February 26, 2009 - 02:22 PM

Come on Bryan, let us go at it. It's just a couple of old Jarheads having fun.

Not to mention............ I was winning.:lol:

Pretty please, with sugar on top.

• mattskn

Posted February 26, 2009 - 02:53 PM

http://www.thetimesh....EWS05/90224012

• Rudydog

Posted February 26, 2009 - 03:05 PM

Your link ain't a workin'

• Bryan Bosch

Posted February 26, 2009 - 03:35 PM

Come on Bryan, let us go at it. It's just a couple of old Jarheads having fun.

Not to mention............ I was winning.:worthy:

Pretty please, with sugar on top.

You guys want to private message each other and beat yourself senseless, go for it... :lol:

• MotoXT

Posted February 26, 2009 - 06:35 PM

No, they closed because of a few complaints and a clause in the zoning agreement. It's to bad. Most people said they could barely hear it outside let alone in their homes, but they got the 100 sigs they needed to have another hearing about it.

Complaints were an issue, but they got shut down for not paying their bills. Ultimately they probably would have been shut down by the zoning board. It's a shame because it was a nice facility and the owners put a lot into it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Minnesota

Conditioning by motoxvet

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Minnesota

Bohn Farms? by motoxvet

• 2 replies
Where 2 Ride

Solana Loop

solana,mn

Forums
Photo
Michigan

Any place like Hatfield Mccoy in the North? by GhostRider32

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Michigan

Anyone riding next weekend? by vheim

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.