WR450 gearing question

4 replies to this topic
  • EZGZ

Posted February 15, 2003 - 06:05 AM

Hi Guys!
Since the fence has fallen down I thought I would walk over and say Hi!
Sorry to hear about the flywheel problem but at least you know about it and it is a cheap fix!!!

I was wondering how those of you that had them felt about the gearing? When I read they were going to the 4 gear tranny I raised a eyebrow! I wish my DRZ had 6 gears for the type of trail ridding I do.

I suppose it will be better ounce you get a few miles on the bikes and sort out the jetting for the way you ride.

Yamaha has always been on the leading edge for bike technology I am sure you will love them.
Greg

• idracrb

Posted February 15, 2003 - 06:23 AM

Greg,

It's the YZ450F that has the 4 gear. The WR's are still 5 speeds.

Reese

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EZGZ

Posted February 15, 2003 - 06:37 AM

Thanks for putting me straight on that. :) Looking forward to reading more about the great bikes you have.

I am old school and started ridding back in the late 60's.
I hear you guys complain about weight and suspension and always get a smile. My first ride was a TS-250 2 smoke Zuk. It was a real pretty with chrome fenders, steel tank, oil injection. Weighed 350 pounds, 4 inches of travel and about 23 HP. Paid $750 for it.
The bikes we have now are so darned nice I feel spoiled.
Later
Greg

• xr600r

Posted February 15, 2003 - 07:53 AM

when i was 14....i had a 1974 ts 250. and to tell you the truth, i had just as much fun riding then , as i do now. :)

• Motorod

Posted February 15, 2003 - 07:03 PM

The most fun I had was on a 72 SL350. :) Best I remember, it weighed 350 lbs., and cost about $700. Could ride wheelies on that thing till I got tired. :D :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.