Got my new WR finally!!! Oh Yeah!!

7 replies to this topic
  • VB_Racing

Posted February 15, 2003 - 04:25 AM

Got my new bike yesterday, unforunately I won't be able to ride it for a couple weeks(Going to the Badlands in IN). My dealer checked the flywheel torque,his personal bike, a YZ450 , had a problem with a sheared woodruff key. He said that there have been 6 incidents of this problem in WI so far. Yamaha sent him a bulletin, to check all bikes between certain ID numbers, mine was out of that range, but he checked it anyway, Thought some of you might want to know. :)

• ThumperWR450F

Posted February 15, 2003 - 04:27 AM

glad to see yamaha is finally owning up to the fact that there's a problem. so far it sounds like they are willing to help. we just have to find out what the bad bunches numbers are.

• ddialogue

Posted February 15, 2003 - 04:37 AM

Can you find out from your dealer what range of ID numbers were affected? Thanks.

• VB_Racing

Posted February 15, 2003 - 04:52 AM

Dave, I will call him Monday,He is, however checking every bike regardless of the ID number. I will get the list from him.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted February 15, 2003 - 06:38 AM

Sounds like a good dealer!

• Motorod

Posted February 15, 2003 - 07:24 PM

If he knows, get the engine number also. thanks!

• foursmoke

Posted February 16, 2003 - 07:29 AM

I wish I got mine from your Dealer.My Dealer sucks and refused to check Flywheel torque based on what info I was getting from the internet.I was there to get wrench for Ring nut on shaft,which they said they had on the phone but when I got ther they handed me a spanner wrench for the rear shock :).While there, I spoke to my salesmen and asked if someone could at least call Yamaha and ask them about it and was told "until we see a problem,nobody is going to call".Well being the first one and only one in my area to get the WR it might be a while because since I picked mine up its been snowing every other day :D :D :D :D :D :D.

• VB_Racing

Posted February 18, 2003 - 01:46 PM

I haven't forgotten about calling the owner of the Yamaha dealer up, but he is out till Saturday, I will get ahold of him then, and let you all know what's up!! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.