Jetting question

3 replies to this topic
  • wr450fLee

Posted February 24, 2009 - 09:08 AM

I have just installed a dep s7 full system exhaust to my 07 wr450,

Now could anybody be kind enough to tell me wether I need to re-jet it or not?

Would it give me much more power gains or jus drink juice?

Also should I replace the throttle stop is this worth doing? As I have read a few threads promoting this mod on here.

Sorry if I am soundin a bit daft but am a little new to the scene

Thanks in advance for any response given.

• BikerDAD450F

Posted March 13, 2009 - 09:54 AM

I have just installed a dep s7 full system exhaust to my 07 wr450,

Now could anybody be kind enough to tell me wether I need to re-jet it or not?

Would it give me much more power gains or jus drink juice?

Also should I replace the throttle stop is this worth doing? As I have read a few threads promoting this mod on here.

Sorry if I am soundin a bit daft but am a little new to the scene

Thanks in advance for any response given.

Yes on the throttle stop, up here in Canada our model is limited to half throttle so change it to YZ 450 specs by cutting the stop screw or installing the actual YZ stop screw.
As for jetting, find out about reading your spark plug.

Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fLee

Posted March 14, 2009 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for the info, I will order a yz throttle screw unless anyone can tell me the correct length to chop it too.
As for reading my spark plug, Will looking at the spark plug tell me you mean? what am I looking for?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 14, 2009 - 06:24 PM

Any change from stock to the intake or exhaust requires new jetting. Stock jetting is way too lean anyway.

Read the Stickies at the top for all the info.

- change throttle stop
- change jetting
- remove airbox snorkle
- change pipe tip (or whole pipe like you did)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.