pmb insert for wr in 02 yz exhaust

2 replies to this topic
  • niterider40

Posted February 24, 2009 - 03:24 AM

With two choices on a silencer tip for my stock yz exhaust, I looked at this extra insert for my wr and made it fit with a little grinding and pounding. The result is good! After hearing mixed reviews on the db dawg and the pmb insert for the yz exhaust costing over 100 bucks this was a good alternative. It seems to run fine and I probably won't have to rejet. It is a dramatic decrease in sound. I can't figure out how to post a pic but its self explanatory. The wr insert is just a little bigger diameter and also too long. I did some grinding all the way around and also cut the length of the wr insert tip in half. I hope this helps someone looking for a low cost sound solution.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • travisn

Posted February 24, 2009 - 04:14 AM

Hmm... Do you think something like that would work for a power core 4 exhaust? I really need to quiet that down a lot.

• niterider40

Posted February 24, 2009 - 05:43 AM

the pmb insert is 4.5cm diameter and you can't grind it too much around 2mm, I looked at a pic of the power core 4 and it looks iffy to me, whats the diameter of the opening? might be able to stuff it in there somehow, I heated up the exhaust with a torch and the insert was cold, greased and slammed it in there, its not coming out. I would also be tempted to make my own, for that exhaust, I'm not sure about power loss, doesn't seem to be much but probably is some. maybe it just seems more exciting with all that noise.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.