pmb insert for wr in 02 yz exhaust

2 replies to this topic
  • niterider40

Posted February 24, 2009 - 03:24 AM

With two choices on a silencer tip for my stock yz exhaust, I looked at this extra insert for my wr and made it fit with a little grinding and pounding. The result is good! After hearing mixed reviews on the db dawg and the pmb insert for the yz exhaust costing over 100 bucks this was a good alternative. It seems to run fine and I probably won't have to rejet. It is a dramatic decrease in sound. I can't figure out how to post a pic but its self explanatory. The wr insert is just a little bigger diameter and also too long. I did some grinding all the way around and also cut the length of the wr insert tip in half. I hope this helps someone looking for a low cost sound solution.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • travisn

Posted February 24, 2009 - 04:14 AM

Hmm... Do you think something like that would work for a power core 4 exhaust? I really need to quiet that down a lot.

• niterider40

Posted February 24, 2009 - 05:43 AM

the pmb insert is 4.5cm diameter and you can't grind it too much around 2mm, I looked at a pic of the power core 4 and it looks iffy to me, whats the diameter of the opening? might be able to stuff it in there somehow, I heated up the exhaust with a torch and the insert was cold, greased and slammed it in there, its not coming out. I would also be tempted to make my own, for that exhaust, I'm not sure about power loss, doesn't seem to be much but probably is some. maybe it just seems more exciting with all that noise.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.