stock clutch cable on 00' 426

13 replies to this topic
  • ryno060

Posted February 23, 2009 - 06:58 PM

So I recently bought my 2000 yz 426 f (8 months ago). I have been loving it. Last weekend i broke my hydraulic clutch cable. :worthy: (at the pin that attaches to the clutch arm at the case). So I have been looking to just replace the slave cylinder since that is all I need. But every OEM site I go on including the parts page on TT and they all show a standard clutch cable for the 2000 426. I could have sworn that i read the 2000 came with the hydraulic clutch and then switched back to standard after that. :lol:

If someone could clarify for me if the hydraulic clutch is stock on this or is at aftermarket. And if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this without buying a new clutch cable system. Or if there is anywhere I can buy just the slave cylinder.

I think I might be able to buy the Maguraslave cylinder and use it with whatever cable I have. Only $65 instead of $200. Thanks for the help.

• 426 NOOB

Posted February 23, 2009 - 07:36 PM

So I recently bought my 2000 yz 426 f (8 months ago). I have been loving it. Last weekend i broke my hydraulic clutch cable. :worthy: (at the pin that attaches to the clutch arm at the case). So I have been looking to just replace the slave cylinder since that is all I need. But every OEM site I go on including the parts page on TT and they all show a standard clutch cable for the 2000 426. I could have sworn that i read the 2000 came with the hydraulic clutch and then switched back to standard after that. :lol:

If someone could clarify for me if the hydraulic clutch is stock on this or is at aftermarket. And if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this without buying a new clutch cable system. Or if there is anywhere I can buy just the slave cylinder.

I think I might be able to buy the Maguraslave cylinder and use it with whatever cable I have. Only $65 instead of $200. Thanks for the help.

The hydro clutch is aftermarket. The only bike manufacturer to my knowledge that installs them on stockers is ktm. I would try out magura first for sure

• ryno060

Posted February 23, 2009 - 08:01 PM

Awesome, thank you very much. Now I need to look at it and see what brand is on there. Then maybe I can just replace the slave cylinder. thanks again:banana:

• 642MX

Posted February 23, 2009 - 08:02 PM

The 426 never came from the factory with a juice clutch. The guys at Magura are pretty cool, give them a call and I'm sure they can get you fixed up.

• rufusz

Posted February 23, 2009 - 11:14 PM

If you manage to talk to Magura and get your problem fixed, please PM me, I'm also in need for such a pin (or slave cylinder), but can't (won't :lol: call them from where I live :worthy:

• ryno060

Posted February 24, 2009 - 11:12 AM

If you manage to talk to Magura and get your problem fixed, please PM me, I'm also in need for such a pin (or slave cylinder), but can't (won't :lol: call them from where I live :worthy:

Will do, I am going to try to get a hold of them in a day or so. I know they offer a Magura slave cylinder by itself with a one piece pin (so it wont pull out) and it is $65.00. But I am going to ask if it will mock up with any brand.

Where in Romania are you from. I have some friends from Bucarest that live over here in the states now.

• rufusz

Posted February 25, 2009 - 12:11 AM

Will do, I am going to try to get a hold of them in a day or so. I know they offer a Magura slave cylinder by itself with a one piece pin (so it wont pull out) and it is $65.00. But I am going to ask if it will mock up with any brand.

Where in Romania are you from. I have some friends from Bucarest that live over here in the states now.

Thx, I think it would be enough to replace the assembly that "sticks" out of the slave cylinder and has the pin at the end, not the whole slave cylinder, but I didn't see any of this sell anywhere.

/OFF
I'm from a small town, called Saint George in Transilvania. I also was in the states 2 years ago for summer work, but didn't got stuck there :lol:
/ON

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyer05

Posted February 25, 2009 - 05:38 AM

I had to do the same. There is no re-build kit for the slave cylinder you have to replace the whole deal. (Magura that is)
And yes it is aftermarket

• ryno060

Posted February 25, 2009 - 11:55 PM

I tried to call Magura today, but the sales rep wasn't available. I will try agian tomorrow. I know that they offer an updated slave cylinder with a one piece rod on it so that it won't brake. Cost is $65.00. But I was just going to verify that they don't offer parts for the slave cylinder or offer discounts for past owners with defective ones.

• rufusz

Posted February 26, 2009 - 12:51 AM

I tried to call Magura today, but the sales rep wasn't available. I will try agian tomorrow. I know that they offer an updated slave cylinder with a one piece rod on it so that it won't brake. Cost is $65.00. But I was just going to verify that they don't offer parts for the slave cylinder or offer discounts for past owners with defective ones.

If you could get one rod, please get two :lol: And mail me the second one, I'll send you the money for it.

• ryno060

Posted February 27, 2009 - 12:03 PM

Well I just got off the phone with Stephen, at extension 331. He informed me that they do not service slave cylinders nor sell parts for the slave cylinders. The only option they have is to by the new updated slave cylinder with the solid one piece piston and rod. For the price of $65.00. So I am going to try to fix my somehow and if I can't do that then I will probably by then new one.:lol:

• rufusz

Posted February 28, 2009 - 01:24 AM

:worthy: :lol: :banghead:

• ryno060

Posted February 28, 2009 - 08:46 AM

sorry buddy :lol:

• ryno060

Posted March 03, 2009 - 07:04 AM

I just took my slave cylinder into a fabrication shop and they are going to hot solder the rod into the end were it broke off. They said they have no guarantees but it should work. I get it back today, will let you know how it turns out.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.