Need Valve 06 450

7 replies to this topic
  • DAVID146

Posted February 23, 2009 - 08:16 AM

I Need To Replace The Valves On My 06 450 What Is The Most Cost Efective Route? that would be head valves

• grayracer513

Posted February 23, 2009 - 09:20 AM

Thumper Talk OEM Parts is one way to get genuine Yamaha stuff cheaper than retail. OEM valves last as long as just about anything available when the head is correctly prepped.

Kibblewhite makes a stainless steel valve that is a little less costly than OEM Ti, but SS valves require heavier springs due to their significantly greater weight, and the KW spring kit all but wipes out the savings on the price of the valves. This is because KW uses a titanium spring retainer to save back some of the weight increase from the valves.

Faction MX makes a low cost one-piece SS valve, and sells a low cost spring kit with it. It is the cheapest way to go, and I do know of one reputable builder that has used them in customer engines, but I don't have any feedback as to how well they work or how durable they have turned out to be.

There are other aftermarket sources, but I don't have any info on them.

• Riguy10

Posted February 23, 2009 - 09:50 AM

:worthy: :lol: If you live close to pemberten go to lincons te might have some and for the lowest price

• scrimmy

Posted February 23, 2009 - 10:58 AM

pm sent

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JustinBrown

Posted February 23, 2009 - 07:07 PM

I was wondering the same thing..... any feedback on the factions mxers

• DAVID146

Posted February 26, 2009 - 07:08 PM

OK! With some discussion over the last few days with some race shops I have come to find that they are putting the stainless steel valves on the intake side without the spring kits on the 450s. Does anyone have any clear info on this? One of the race shops are world known for engine building. They explained that on the 450 their is not much spring rate diffrence on the kw ss springs compaired to stock. Or would the best thing to do is just bite the bullet on the stock valves and make sure they are seated right. Makes me want to go back to the 2 stroke.

• grayracer513

Posted February 26, 2009 - 09:35 PM

One approach you could take would be the KW valves and the spring kit from Faction. That would save some money, give you springs made for the heavier valves, and valves of a known quality.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted February 27, 2009 - 10:11 PM

i rebuilt my head on my 06 450 just befor winter with all stock stuff.. ive had great luck with the stock valves on my 450 when i bought it new but to a recent wrist pin break i had to redo my valves or else the ones from the factory would still be in there..

i would use the stock stuff:worthy:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.