450 Torque Correction

6 replies to this topic
  • idracrb

Posted February 14, 2003 - 01:45 PM

I noticed some corrections in my service manual. On pages 2-19, 4-76, 4-77 & 4-81, adhesive-type, white paper corrections have been made regarding proper torque for the rotor nut.

These entries now read: 85 Nm (8.5 m/kg, 61 ft/lb)

I purchased my WR450 from a dealer owned by a close friend. He has not been notified by Yamaha of any problems yet. Will advise soonest when he does.

BTW, my bike is #1041. No probs yet, but only a few hours on it.

Reese King

• Desracer

Posted February 14, 2003 - 07:39 PM

Did you or your dealer check the torque on the nut yet?

• idracrb

Posted February 15, 2003 - 06:32 AM

Neither. He was out of town this past week. He'll contact Yamaha next week and we'll go from there.

Reese

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • idracrb

Posted February 19, 2003 - 02:44 PM

Update:

My dealer has been advised by Yamaha to lap the rotor & shaft and retorque to the original spec of 47 ft/lbs. They have revised the torque spec that they corrected in the manuals.

47 ft/lbs is the correct spec.

TSB (technical Service Bulletin) will soon follow.

Reese King

• foursmoke

Posted February 19, 2003 - 04:13 PM

I checked mine last night.It clicked at 47 ft-lbs. I removed the rotor nut,cleaned oil off,put on some locktite & retorqued to 47 ft-lbs.Still 0 miles on it but if you cant ride due to weather, might as well work on it.

03 WR450FR-picked up 2/3/03.Works connection alum. frame guards.

• Number82

Posted February 19, 2003 - 05:37 PM

Mine came with the stickers and a loose page that superceded the manual with 47 ft/lbs. I've tried to shine a light through the stickers to see what it was originally but can't figure it out.

-g

• BEAN329

Posted February 19, 2003 - 05:57 PM

page 2-19 peeled off label said 50 lb

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.