Need help greasing rear linkage!

11 replies to this topic
  • wr450fLee

Posted February 22, 2009 - 01:30 PM

I am new to this forum and have read how its a must to do this, Is there a "how too" on here somewere? Is this hard to do?
Thanks in avance for any help given

• 1rkcooper

Posted February 22, 2009 - 01:40 PM

Go over to the YZ forum and at the top of the page there is a "common threads" sticky. You will find a "how to" in there along with so much more.

• MaxPower

Posted February 22, 2009 - 02:51 PM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]easy as can be
take your time
Clean bike ,a beer, a can of contact cleaner,a roll of paper towels, a tub of grease , a few metric wrenches , sockets and a few hours[/COLOR]

• wr450fLee

Posted February 23, 2009 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the input guys, so is this an easy job to tackle if so I'll give it a bash this w/end!

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 23, 2009 - 10:21 AM

The manual also provides step by step..

• brad the best

Posted February 23, 2009 - 04:51 PM

make sure when you tighten everything back up that the linkage actually moves , its very easy to crank everything down to tight .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ch_250

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:44 PM

i wouldn't do it without a torque wrench.

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 27, 2009 - 02:42 PM

i wouldn't do it without a torque wrench.

+1.... infact I do not much anymore on the bike without a torque wrench... now my only problem is getting my 17y/o son to learn what one is for:banghead:

• acarter92

Posted February 28, 2009 - 09:45 AM

+1.... infact I do not much anymore on the bike without a torque wrench... now my only problem is getting my 17y/o son to learn what one is for:banghead:

Same here, I torque just about anything worth torquing. It really surprises me sometimes how little it takes.

Austin

• ch_250

Posted February 28, 2009 - 03:19 PM

no kidding. clutch cover bolts= 7 ft. lbs.

• YamaLink

Posted February 28, 2009 - 03:22 PM

I had 3 family members, all riders living in diff states, ask for a nice torque wrench for their bday or this past holiday. First thing they grab no matter the job.

• c9buff

Posted February 28, 2009 - 07:41 PM

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=216791

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.