I Need A Motor For 2008 Yz450

6 replies to this topic
  • BIGDUST31

Posted February 22, 2009 - 06:56 AM

Pretty straight forward my motor is toast. The only good part is the clutch cover after some valves went through the piston and crank. I need a complete motor any ideas or suggestions would be awsome. Thank you.

• erickdj

Posted February 22, 2009 - 07:13 AM

Pretty straight forward my motor is toast. The only good part is the clutch cover after some valves went through the piston and crank. I need a complete motor any ideas or suggestions would be awsome. Thank you.

I've seen them on ebay, brand new complete motors. there's a guy there that buys new bikes and parts them out. Can't remember the price right now, but it wasn't bad at all for a brand new complete motor. there's hardly any other sources for what you're looking for, other than building another one from individual parts which would be just too expensive.

• mike_dean

Posted February 22, 2009 - 09:28 AM

I think the guys name on eBay is "Keepitroosting" the engines came with carb and electrics, buy it now was about $2k. Just checked and there are no 450 engines listed now, you might want to contact him. Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MikeyT750

Posted February 22, 2009 - 01:40 PM

Just so happens that I got that motor from keepitroosting. Good people to work with. Fast shipping. Might want to contact them to see it he has any more. I almost have all the parts to put the origional motor back together. Need a new jug, piston / rings and a Cam Chain Tensioner. I already took the plunge on the valve train and new head. Taking me a while. These parts are expensive.

http://stores.shop.e...N__W0QQ_armrsZ1

• BIGDUST31

Posted February 22, 2009 - 06:28 PM

I contacted the guy on eBay. He wants 2400 for a new motor complete. Is that a good price? If I decide to sell my bike with everything but the motor, how much should I sell it for?

• erickdj

Posted February 22, 2009 - 07:26 PM

I contacted the guy on eBay. He wants 2400 for a new motor complete. Is that a good price? If I decide to sell my bike with everything but the motor, how much should I sell it for?

I'd say $2400 is great for a new motor. Probably much more expensive to build one piece by piece. Parting out the bike you wouldn't make too much out of it, maybe $2500, if that.

• bnyfe

Posted February 22, 2009 - 09:20 PM

You can buy a brand new 08 450f from 4495.00 to 4995.00. Yes the whole bike:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...AX:IT&viewitem=

http://cgi.ebay.com/...AX:IT&viewitem=

You should look into a left over locally... this is the real deal.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.