2009 Wr450f

30 replies to this topic
  • Zadok

Posted March 01, 2009 - 10:36 AM

This has been debated to death already. The pipe will glow if you leave it idling for long enough, nothing wrong with it. Now, if the pipe glows within 15 seconds of starting a cold bike, then you have a problem. Otherwise, don't worry about it. Just remember, these bikes were made to haul @$$, not sit there idling endlessly.

Im definitely NOT trying to "debate" this issue. Im simply asking a question
in response to your previous statement. This is not in any way a sarcastic
question either....Im really just curious now after having read your statement.
But you didnt really answer my question.....Have you rejetted, and does
your header pipe glow at all?

Thanks.:lol:

• erickdj

Posted March 01, 2009 - 10:58 AM

Im definitely NOT trying to "debate" this issue. Im simply asking a question
in response to your previous statement. This is not in any way a sarcastic
question either....Im really just curious now after having read your statement.
But you didnt really answer my question.....Have you rejetted, and does
your header pipe glow at all?

Thanks.:lol:

I wasn't trying to flame you in any way or imply that you were debating it, not at all, my apologies if I came across in such way.:banghead: So to answer the question from personal experience, yes, I have rejetted my bike and it does glow if I let it idle for 2-3 minutes. This "glow" is mostly visible at night or when there's low light. During normal use it does not glow at all, and I don't let it idle for more than 30 seconds to 1 minute when it's already been warmed up or in use.:worthy:

• Kirkster

Posted March 01, 2009 - 01:08 PM

Mine 07 used to glow when it idled for 2 minutes. I rejetted the bike and now it does not glow even when it idles for a lot longer than that. I don't actually recall seeing it glow since I rejetted...

It has been a wonderful bike, Rejetted, Got the suspension revalved and sprung for my weight, put in a rekluse, and several new tires later it is still great. It even crashes well, too bad I don't bounce as well as it does.

• Zadok

Posted March 01, 2009 - 01:21 PM

It has been a wonderful bike, Rejetted, Got the suspension revalved and sprung for my weight, put in a rekluse, and several new tires later it is still great.

Ohhh....Ahhhh.......Me want suspension work and rekluse.:ride:

Those two things are next on my list for this bike. I just have to do a
little saving.:p

• Kirkster

Posted March 01, 2009 - 01:24 PM

Ohhh....Ahhhh.......Me want suspension work and rekluse.:moon:

Those two things are next on my list for this bike. I just have to do a
little saving.:p

Save up the extra for the Rekluse Pro. I had a standard Rekluse on a DRZ400 and the Pro blows it away.

Make sure they revalve the shocks (mine has YZ valves now) as the stock WR valving sucks :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted March 01, 2009 - 03:17 PM

Make sure they revalve the shocks (mine has YZ valves now) as the stock WR valving sucks :ride:

Better yet, get yz forks.:p

• srfdwg2

Posted March 01, 2009 - 03:29 PM

If you want a yz suspension set up let me know,I have a set from a 2007 with really low hours"mint".

• erickdj

Posted March 01, 2009 - 04:50 PM

If you want a yz suspension set up let me know,I have a set from a 2007 with really low hours"mint".

you hear that Zadok???? Opportunity only knocks once!:p

• Zadok

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:01 AM

you hear that Zadok???? Opportunity only knocks once!:p

Oh, I hear it. Just trying to determine if suspension work is still going
to be needed AFTER I buy the YZ setup. Dont want to put 1500 into
suspension.

IF, the YZ suspension will be as good, or better, than a reworked WR
suspension, then I will go that route.

• speedracerlb

Posted September 29, 2009 - 03:30 PM

Ok, I just bought a new 09. Where the heck is the grey wire. I have looked at everyloom from the cdi. The old gray wire was a light gray. Is the 09 the same color. Anyone have a photo. thnx

• SjSabre

Posted September 30, 2009 - 07:27 PM

Ok, I just bought a new 09. Where the heck is the grey wire. I have looked at everyloom from the cdi. The old gray wire was a light gray. Is the 09 the same color. Anyone have a photo. thnx

I just picked up a new 09 as well. I will break it in stock then do the free mods in a week as soon as I get the AIS kit. Love the bike so far!

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.