Buy the Shim Kit?

2 replies to this topic
  • CraigS

Posted February 21, 2009 - 07:55 PM

I have a 2000 426F that has been sitting for awhile, about 3 years. I am slowly working to get it back into running shape and I am going to put in a HotCam (ADC). Should I buy the HotCam shim kit, or just go buy the required shims? The local dealer said they order the shims, they do not stock them.

Craig

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted February 21, 2009 - 09:33 PM

I'd say only buy the required ones. I've heard that it's very likely that most of the time a person would never use the majority of the shims that come in the kit, as some would be just way too big or too small. Look at other nearby dealers, someone must have shims. Do a search about shims, if I remember correctly someone said that most 450's use the same type of shims, so a shim for a yz450 would work on a cr450 and vice versa.

• grayracer513

Posted February 21, 2009 - 10:17 PM

Find a local Honda dealer. They should have them on hand. The 9.48mm diameter shims from a CRF are the same series shims your bike uses.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.