Gift idea for a 426 rider

12 replies to this topic
  • BobFromOmaha

Posted February 21, 2009 - 06:59 AM

Hey Yamaha guys

Got any cool gift ideas for a guy who owns a 02 426? Could be a nice to have tool. Could be a cool anodized part. Looking to spend between 50 to 100

thanks
bob

• usmcpaul

Posted February 21, 2009 - 07:32 AM

What does he need?

Here are a few general ideas in that price range.

Pro Taper bars, Chain, ASV levers (check e-bay for factory refurbished ones, I got mine there cheap), Fuel screw, Gloves, Jersey........

• BobFromOmaha

Posted February 21, 2009 - 08:01 AM

Thats just it. He doesn't 'need' anything. He's got the necessities. Thought I would get him something flashy or perhaps a tool you guys came across that make things a heck of a lot easier on these bikes

the asv levers are a good idea. I will check them out.

Keep the ideas coming!

• 642MX

Posted February 21, 2009 - 09:29 AM

A JD Jet kit or a new back tire would be a good gift. Either one would top any of the gifts I normally get. :lol:

• usmcpaul

Posted February 21, 2009 - 12:15 PM

What about that tool that holds the tire bead in place when you are putting a tire back on, and a nice set (3) tire spoons.

Bead buddy

I really like mine, it makes tire replacement a lot easier.

• FinchFan194

Posted February 21, 2009 - 01:34 PM

Zip ty racing has some cool ignition plugs with magnets build in to catch debri.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yzf_Buz

Posted February 26, 2009 - 02:33 AM

I have always tried to do some snooping around on the down low. Try to go hang out and give his steed a look over to kinda see what might need upgrading or replacing. Otherwise it is just a cr@pshoot hoping for the best. But I can tell ya this my 01 426 needs a new set of levers and I am wanting a set of asv's. Want my address....lol ?

• rufusz

Posted February 26, 2009 - 05:10 AM

Buy a HotCams auto-decomp exhaust cam for him (if he doesn't own one already) and he will thank you all his life :lol:

• BobFromOmaha

Posted February 26, 2009 - 09:52 AM

Guys, thanks for all your suggestions!!! He has lot of stuff for it already so it was tough.

In the end, I bought him a fender tool pack, Billy Who funnel (love my crf one) and some fork bleeders.

• BobFromOmaha

Posted February 26, 2009 - 09:53 AM

I have always tried to do some snooping around on the down low. Try to go hang out and give his steed a look over to kinda see what might need upgrading or replacing. Otherwise it is just a cr@pshoot hoping for the best. But I can tell ya this my 01 426 needs a new set of levers and I am wanting a set of asv's. Want my address....lol ?

:lol: You betcha!

• BobFromOmaha

Posted February 26, 2009 - 09:54 AM

Buy a HotCams auto-decomp exhaust cam for him (if he doesn't own one already) and he will thank you all his life :lol:

yep, he had that one already. One of the first things he got I believe. Total lifesaver

• fritzelman

Posted February 26, 2009 - 02:51 PM

I got me a model of my 426. They are like 1/6th scale or something. Got mine at harbor freight for like 13 bucks, but I see them on ebay too for cheap. Just an idea.

• Yzf_Buz

Posted March 07, 2009 - 12:28 AM

So bob here is another list of things for the future.
1. A box of oil filters and a case of oil
2. Magnetic engine/frame drain plugs
3. Billet axel blocks
4. Grips
5. Radiator guards/braces
6. A jug of Engine ice
7. Chain and sprockets
8. AP diaphram for an 02
9. Extended fuel mixture screw
10. My personal fav a tank of gas and a ride out to the trails.....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.