Do I have a fly wheel weight????

4 replies to this topic
  • dezertracer230

Posted February 20, 2009 - 06:25 PM

I got a 46 tooth rear sprocket today for my 2005 YZF450 and the guy said i should buy a fly wheel weight. I went from 15 front 50 rear to a 15 front 46 rear. when i rode it i could tell there was a difference, a lot more top speed which is what. If it works good now does that mean i already have a fly wheel weight?

• tnl

Posted February 20, 2009 - 07:17 PM

No it doesn't mean that you have an aftermarket one but it is possible that you do if it's a used bike. He prolly meant that 1st gear is gonna be so high and stalling is gonna be an issue unless your good with the clutch?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FinchFan194

Posted February 20, 2009 - 08:57 PM

I have 14/47 on my 04 and I love it. It really helps reduce rear wheel spin and you get a lot more use out of first gear.

• grayracer513

Posted February 20, 2009 - 09:57 PM

Stock gearing on the '05 was 14/51. The gearing I ran on my '03 would be the same as you running a 14/49. You are the equivalent of 6 teeth higher than that. I can't imagine it does very well in any of the tighter sections.

• KTM RULES

Posted February 23, 2009 - 07:11 AM

i run a 14/47 on my 08 yz450F and i race flat track. still pulls 2nd gear starts and everything is still stock, i dont even have a pipe.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.