White A-Star Tech 8s?

8 replies to this topic
  • PapaSmurf

Posted February 13, 2003 - 04:25 PM

I am planning on buying some Tech 8s and was wondering if anyone has any insight into how much of a difference there is between the whites (vented) and the others. Obviously, riding here in Florida, I try to stay as cool as possible and was wondering if the vented model really makes that much of a difference. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks!! :)

• Florida_426

Posted February 13, 2003 - 06:11 PM

Papa,
I got my white, vented Tech 8"s in November and I love them. I sweat even in the cooler months and they are great for me. I wore them in Houston for the GMB race and they were extremely comfortable. They were well worth the cost to me.

Bill

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 13, 2003 - 07:32 PM

Pops, They do a pretty good job of getting more cool air into you feet.. I live in SoCal so I don't spend a lot of time riding in the rain, they're really nice... I would recommend them...

Dan

Posted February 13, 2003 - 09:38 PM

I was looking at them or Sidi's. Which do you think offer more overall protection?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted February 15, 2003 - 08:45 PM

I remember reading in a magazine some tests about boots and AS tech 8 had the best protection, but not the most flexible. Sidi flex was a little less protection, but much more flex. That's what I remember as I got myself AST8.

• Dodger

Posted February 16, 2003 - 06:02 AM

I'm going to beg to differ on that, both offer really good protection, but the Sidi's are a step above in the protection department. The solid foot bed alone will shore up that point.

You ever seen a foot wrap down around a peg??? It's not pretty :D...........

However, that takes nothing away from the Tech 8's, they are supurb moto boots without a doubt :D.

Late

Dodger :) :D

• WR450F_4600FT

Posted February 17, 2003 - 07:13 PM

I have the regular t-8's and love them. I ride with vented fox gear but I would rather have a little sweaty feet then have wet, sandy,muddy,or whatever feet if you have to do a water crossing, ride dunes or hit a mud puddle.

• PapaSmurf

Posted February 18, 2003 - 02:56 AM

That is one of my concerns. I have heard some others say that they do let water get in, and with all of the sugar sand around here I don't want to be able to fill up a sandbox when I pull my boots off! I think I'll try to find a shop around here that has them and take a look. I have tried on the regular ones and they felt great. Thanks for the input! :)

Posted February 18, 2003 - 09:48 PM

I'm not worried about the sand and mud getting in. I just need more over jump protection. I have AS M-4's and my foot folded up and cracked out my leg on a 20' flat land. I know AXO's are pretty stiff in the front as are the SIDI's but AS Tech-8's aren't bad. If the 8's are pretty good with toe flex and outstanding everwhere else I'll get them, If the SIDI's are better overall I'll get them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.