anybody try seafoam?

8 replies to this topic
  • niterider40

Posted February 18, 2009 - 10:38 PM

I was wondering if this is ok? I allready put a shot in the fuel and it instantly starts easier, I hope its not bad for the engine. I thought it might clean the jets out a bit.

• 426 NOOB

Posted February 18, 2009 - 11:31 PM

I was wondering if this is ok? I allready put a shot in the fuel and it instantly starts easier, I hope its not bad for the engine. I thought it might clean the jets out a bit.

it has been used by a couple of members with good results. Search the topic.

• mc1hd

Posted February 18, 2009 - 11:53 PM

In your truck or car ok, otherwise clean the carburetor.

• NortonMoto

Posted February 19, 2009 - 01:00 AM

I first started using in my boat motor then car now all three of my dirt bikes you wont find a better product out there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted February 19, 2009 - 06:40 AM

In your truck or car ok, otherwise clean the carburetor.

+1. :lol: If the carb is dirty, then clean it.

• Digger01

Posted February 19, 2009 - 11:14 AM

Seafoam does not help start the bike. I have been buying the lucus oil cleaner lately.

We used sea foam for some time on boats (trying not to pull an engine), use it on all the engines.

Nissan maxima, part of a yearly tune up before winter. I get tons of smoke while cleaning the intake.

Ford Expedition and Explorer almost no smoke at all.

YZ 426 - no smoke, did it once about 2 years ago.

XR100 blew smoke but I feel its from the intake areas and not the carb.

• grayracer513

Posted February 19, 2009 - 11:23 AM

Seafoam does not help start the bike.

Not directly, no. But it is a fuel stabilizer, as is Sta-Bil, and in that regard, can make an engine with old fuel in it a little friendlier. Seafoam also has the ability to absorb water droplets that might be rolling around in the fuel. Since such water, if in the carb bowl, can block a jet if drawn into it, additives with hygroscopic abilities can produce an immediate improvement by absorbing and dispersing the water.

• FinchFan194

Posted February 19, 2009 - 01:51 PM

Not directly, no. But it is a fuel stabilizer, as is Sta-Bil, and in that regard, can make an engine with old fuel in it a little friendlier. Seafoam also has the ability to absorb water droplets that might be rolling around in the fuel. Since such water, if in the carb bowl, can block a jet if drawn into it, additives with hygroscopic abilities can produce an immediate improvement by absorbing and dispersing the water.

I wouldn't use it in anything I used it in my Air Nautique consistently and it caused me to go through 3 fuel pumps no more Seafoam no more new fuel pumps to buy.

• Ogener

Posted February 19, 2009 - 08:23 PM

I've used it when winterizing all my toys and have had no issues. It makes a great fuel stabilizer.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.