UK insurance.

4 replies to this topic
  • 996turbo

Posted February 18, 2009 - 10:49 AM

Hi guys,

Im looking at getting a WR 450. Where is a good place to look for insurance?

Would you recommend going fully comp on a bike like this? or 3rd party T&T ?

Did a search on , got a few quotes, pretty high fully comp, but i dont have any NCB for a bike as it expired due to not riding for 2 years.

Thanks in advance!

• yamaha2004r6

Posted February 18, 2009 - 12:12 PM

hi mate i used go compere .com ive only past my test a year ago and my insurance is only £130 fully comp and i dont have NBC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 04WR450man

Posted February 19, 2009 - 07:11 AM

Hi, :lol:

A-Qutoe or MCE seem to be the cheapest for me, around £100 3rd party fire and theft, give them a try and always haggle with them.

• 996turbo

Posted February 19, 2009 - 08:47 AM

Ok, will try them.

Cheers Guys.

• mightymart

Posted February 19, 2009 - 07:23 PM

Steer clear of ebike as they dont make it clear if your insured on green lanes or not, beware, could have changed now but has put me off them.
I also got my insurance via or was it confused ??? one of those comparsion sites anyway I think about £150 ish fully comp with 1 yncb but i am 39.
Insured with NIG part of the royal bank of scotland, They went all through the policy as I had reservations about what insurance to take after the whoha with ebike the year before. What ever insurance company you go with make sure you are getting the right insurance that covers you for what your going to do on it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.