08 wr450f throttle stop screw lenght?

3 replies to this topic
  • tino79

Posted February 18, 2009 - 08:51 AM

hi all, does anyone now how long i need to cut the throttle screw for a 08 wr450f?

• KennyMc

Posted February 18, 2009 - 09:38 AM

I believe the 250 is the same as the 450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dube2

Posted February 18, 2009 - 02:20 PM

I cut mine on my first WR and the throttle would stick WFO. That's when I found out about thumpertalk. Did some research and come to find out that that is common when you cut it. So purchased the AIS removal kit and did it right.

Never had an issue after that. If you don't want to get the kit, than buy a YZ throttle stop. If you really have to cut it, than put it on a grinder and smooth it out and try to copy the origianl tip roundness.

Just my $.02, but what the hell do I know I'm on my second WR.:lol:

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 18, 2009 - 02:36 PM

23.5 mm

Thats total length of course. I may never forget that measurement!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.