looking at an 02 426

8 replies to this topic
  • profarm

Posted February 18, 2009 - 08:17 AM

I am looking at buying an 02 426. dont' know much about these bikes. any input?

• oakhillbiker

Posted February 18, 2009 - 08:23 AM

my best friend still has his no problems ever but is your right leg strong

• ham426f

Posted February 19, 2009 - 01:12 PM

i have a 02 wr426f, love it!

Can't go wrong, u will need a strong kick!

Mine is street legal!

DO IT!!

• acarter92

Posted February 19, 2009 - 04:04 PM

Great bike, can't go wrong with a WR.

Austin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted February 19, 2009 - 04:58 PM

Uhhh I'm not sure what this whole strong kick deal is. Mine kicks over easily. Now if I don't use the compression release and "the drill" then yeah the strongest leg in the world won't help.
But anyway I have the same bike and it's great! I've never had any problems and no mechanical problems, just mods. Way too many mods = $$$$$

• acarter92

Posted February 19, 2009 - 05:06 PM

Uhhh I'm not sure what this whole strong kick deal is. Mine kicks over easily. Now if I don't use the compression release and "the drill" then yeah the strongest leg in the world won't help.
But anyway I have the same bike and it's great! I've never had any problems and no mechanical problems, just mods. Way too many mods = $$$$$

I agree. If you know how to start these bikes then they fire right up or something is wrong. When I first got my bike I had a he$$ of a time starting it and yes my leg got tired, but in a couple of rides I was starting it first kick.

Austin

• hillclimbguy

Posted February 19, 2009 - 11:17 PM

Its a good choice. It would be green sticker here in California. Year round bike.

• kingquad450

Posted February 20, 2009 - 03:40 AM

I haven't ridden mine much I just got it this week but love is so far. I can go out there right now ay 20 degrees and start it on the 2nd kick. But it does have the yz cam in it

• kjr247

Posted February 20, 2009 - 07:14 PM

The strong leg thing is that they have really good compression. You have to put a good amount of inital force on the kick starter to get the engine moving. If tuned right they start real quick. I know some people who could not kick it. I have no issues. If you a pretty solid guy no worries. Once you get the kicking thing down its kool. I would reccomend that you wear your riding boot on the kicking leg at first. Mine put a cut in the sole of my sneaker. They can also kick back and smack your calf good. I learned that lesson years ago on a RM125 where I still have a nice scar. If it is nice get it. Super solid bikes. They are the XR of modern bikes for sure.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.