Rear brake resevior melt down from pipe

1 reply to this topic
  • Thumpin'_Canuck

Posted July 31, 2002 - 08:03 PM

I bought my WR with a slightly melted rear brake resevior from the pipe. I've found in previous posts that some guys were wrapping the resevior to protect it from the heat. Does anyone know of an after market aluminum one? I've tried to look at Pro-Circuit and others but couldn't find any.
Has anyone else run into this problem? What were your solutions? I was thinking of fabbing a lower mounting bracket. Thanks for any info.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_UK

Posted August 01, 2002 - 12:51 AM

take the heat reflective tape off the side panel then apply it to the resevior with safety wire

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.