Clutch kit fix not needed for WR450's??

3 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted February 12, 2003 - 05:57 PM

While my WR450 was in the shop getting the erratic shifting issue repaired I asked them to install the clutch kit from the 02's to fix the grabby clutch. It turns out that my WR already has the 02 clutch kit pieces in it (so they obviously couldn't install the kit.) Needless to say I was suprised to hear that my bike already has the 02 components installed.

• BEAN329

Posted February 12, 2003 - 06:01 PM

Newbie Question, which parts ????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adamwagar

Posted February 12, 2003 - 06:09 PM

Thats interesting. I wonder when production with the updated clutch started??? Sounds like your shop has you dialed in.

Glad to hear your shifting problem was taken care of too.

• ddialogue

Posted February 13, 2003 - 04:18 AM

If you search on the YZF forum for grabby clutch you can find the exact specs. Basically it's a couple of clutch plates and a few other pieces from the 02 models. I guess what I thought was 'grabby' wasn't really an issue compared to what the YZF guys were dealing with.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.