07 Yz450 Header Pipe Question

10 replies to this topic
  • spasm

Posted February 17, 2009 - 04:03 AM

Ive got a 07 yz450 - which ive now smashed 2 x TI header pipes on. Yep, i ride aggressive thru the woods.

My question... will a GYT-5TA93-50-00 - 2003-2005 Stainless header pipe fit onto the 07, and slide into the rear can?

It looks as if it will, but i cant be sure andi cant get a pipe to try.

• KJ790

Posted February 17, 2009 - 06:21 AM

It is a smaller diameter at the midpipe.

• grayracer513

Posted February 17, 2009 - 07:37 AM

My question... will a GYT-5TA93-50-00 - 2003-2005 Stainless header pipe fit onto the 07, and slide into the rear can?

No. Looking at the page you found it on, it specifies that it is NOT a replacement header for the stock exhaust, only for the GYT-R pipe.

You may want to look into using the header from a YFZ quad, but as KJ mentioned, there are differences in the outlet diameter to be looked at. A full DRD system would be another approach.

• livinloud

Posted February 17, 2009 - 08:18 AM

i second the full Dr. D suggestion......love mine!

• spasm

Posted February 17, 2009 - 06:53 PM

No. Looking at the page you found it on, it specifies that it is NOT a replacement header for the stock exhaust, only for the GYT-R pipe.

You may want to look into using the header from a YFZ quad, but as KJ mentioned, there are differences in the outlet diameter to be looked at. A full DRD system would be another approach.

Yep, i know it says only GYT-R pipe, however it has the step in the pipe just like the 07 factory header does.

The bend looks right - its just a question if the mid pipe diameter is the same as stock pipe?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spasm

Posted February 17, 2009 - 06:56 PM

It is a smaller diameter at the midpipe.

Is this certain?

• KJ790

Posted February 17, 2009 - 07:19 PM

Is this certain?

Yes, the diameter at the midpipe was the same from 03-06, for 07 Yamaha went for a larger diameter header through the midpipe joint.

• spasm

Posted February 17, 2009 - 07:30 PM

Yes, the diameter at the midpipe was the same from 03-06, for 07 Yamaha went for a larger diameter header through the midpipe joint.

Yep, thats mate.

I just found that info, however - as this is designed to work with the GYT-R can, i was thinking perhaps the can has the bigger mid pipe ID?

• KJ790

Posted February 18, 2009 - 04:43 AM

Yep, thats mate.

I just found that info, however - as this is designed to work with the GYT-R can, i was thinking perhaps the can has the bigger mid pipe ID?

The GYT-R slip-on is designed to fit the stock header, so I'm going to say that the GYT-R header to match that slip on has the same diameter at the midpipe joint as the stock header.

Why not just buy a GYT-R (or any other brand for that matter) stainless header for an 07-09 YZ450F?

• grayracer513

Posted February 18, 2009 - 07:02 AM

The GYT-R slip-on is designed to fit the stock header, so I'm going to say that the GYT-R header to match that slip on has the same diameter at the midpipe joint as the stock header.

Why not just buy a GYT-R (or any other brand for that matter) stainless header for an 07-09 YZ450F?

Neither the slip-on nor the replacement header appears to be listed for the '07. The GYT-R site shows only a complete system for that year.

• spasm

Posted February 19, 2009 - 11:33 PM

Couldnt be bother with all the stuffing around, went and bought materials and made one.

$40 header. and imho will work real well.

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.