water pump repair

2 replies to this topic
  • zukrider

Posted February 16, 2009 - 09:58 AM

The search engine seems to be down at the moment so I will just ask. I plan on doing the water pump seals and was wondering if I should get new clutch and crank case cover gaskets. I was hoping that if I'M careful they could be saved. Just curious how many of you guys have been able to save them. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 16, 2009 - 10:02 AM

I was hoping that if I'M careful they could be saved.

you are on the right track...take your time and you will be able to re use them since they are rubber.

when we did the top end on my dads 06 we change the timing chain and the gasket for the stator cover was still good after 11k miles :lol:

• maincrash

Posted February 16, 2009 - 10:28 AM

I did mine yesterday,reused the gasket no problem

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.