Any good for road use?

22 replies to this topic
  • zorroz

Posted February 16, 2009 - 10:11 PM

I've just clicked over 10,000km on my 07 WR450F that I ride to work everyday then swap wheels for the weekend bush blast. Oil gets changed every 1000km as per manual and I haven't opened the valve cover yet as it starts fine runs hard. I bought a stainless oil filter and wash it every service. I read people change oil every 100 mile but I don't see the point the oil will still be new! I think it should see 20,000km before I open it up :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lennie

Posted February 17, 2009 - 04:13 AM

UK WR's are all road legal as standard. I have used mine for everything from MX to riding to work.

All you would need to make it suitable for daily use it put a key on the ignition which is easy and get a decent lock to keep it safe when you park it.

• MaxPower

Posted February 17, 2009 - 08:26 AM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I have heard this and bought the parts but didnt hget the chance to install them
The clutch basket from the Yamaha quad has damper springs in the back of it.That basket fits the WR motor as long as you use the primary gear also.I can see the big wheels on a quad really working the little gears in the transmission.Those baskets are cheap on ebay and would be a good alternative to a cush hub[/COLOR]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.