Failed Woodruff Key Owners only, post here

3 replies to this topic
  • Alabama_Rider

Posted February 12, 2003 - 11:19 AM

Yamaha will listen only when we can provide numbers that back up the claim of a problem with numerous Woodruff Key failures. Experience with these situations shows we must have details.. <ul type="square"> I am asking everyone who had a woodruff key failure to post here, with the last 4 numbers of your serial number. We can then roll this up with letter to Yamaha.... [/list] To keep this post from getting too big, please only post if you have had a failure ... Also post ambient temperature, jetting settings and situation that caused failure...

• dukeboy

Posted February 12, 2003 - 07:25 PM

Failed woodruff key roughly around Jan. 15. Last four numbers of vin are 1206, The temp. is always around 50, The bike was on its second ride, and still way to lean.(berfore I knew better!)My current jetting is as follows:155mj,48 pilot, and the clip moved down one position, the fuel screw is out about 1 3/4. I am still trying to get rid of the 0 to 1/4 throttle bobble it still has?Anyone have any tips? The bike failed when it back fired with the elec. start from being to lean.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alabama_Rider

Posted February 12, 2003 - 08:20 PM

thanks Dukeboy, were you giving it throttle when it backfired at start-up?

• dukeboy

Posted February 13, 2003 - 07:01 PM

yes, I believe that I was.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.