30 day Warranty

12 replies to this topic
  • new450

Posted February 16, 2009 - 08:44 AM

Did the '05 WR450's come with a warranty?

I'm looking to get a new in-the-crate '05 (yes, you read that right) and the dealer says Yamaha offered no warranty. I'm saying they did.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 16, 2009 - 09:00 AM

Did the '05 WR450's come with a warranty?

I'm looking to get a new in-the-crate '05 (yes, you read that right) and the dealer says Yamaha offered no warranty. I'm saying they did.

I've never known a dirtbike to come with a warranty.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 16, 2009 - 09:08 AM

This is a screen shot from the Yamaha website...

Posted Image

• broccoli2

Posted February 16, 2009 - 09:09 AM

My 08 WR450 came with a 30day, I would think the 05 did too

• William1

Posted February 16, 2009 - 09:35 AM

If you get the bike in the crate, there will be no warranty other than anything the selling dealer provides. For Yamaha to honor a warranty, the PDI list must be completed and filled out by the dealer that assembles the bike. Without the form, the warranty is non-existant.

• new450

Posted February 16, 2009 - 11:13 AM

If you get the bike in the crate, there will be no warranty other than anything the selling dealer provides. For Yamaha to honor a warranty, the PDI list must be completed and filled out by the dealer that assembles the bike. Without the form, the warranty is non-existant.

OK. They actually went ahead and assembled the bike anyway. I guess the warranty applies then?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted February 16, 2009 - 11:40 AM

It should. Be sure they give you the copy of the PDI. Keep in mind, chances are, you will not be able to make a warranty claim in the alloted time. LOL, when I bought my 08, it spent the first 60 days on a stand, being prepped (suspension sent out, seat, ect.)

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 16, 2009 - 11:48 AM

When I bought my 08, it spent the first 60 days on a stand, being prepped (suspension sent out, seat, ect.)

William...your bike sounds like mine...i went almost three months before i started mine as it was "being built" :lol:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 16, 2009 - 05:00 PM

This is a screen shot from the Yamaha website...

Posted Image

Wow, pretty cool....

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted February 16, 2009 - 05:41 PM

the minute you start doing some of the free mods, you might kill the warranty anyways.

Don't you have some sort of lemon law where you live? You always have 30 days... or they would get sued left and right.

• William1

Posted February 16, 2009 - 06:11 PM

Mods by themselves will not affect any warranty. Mods that cause (key word) damage do.

Not all bikes have a warranty. Some explicitly state there is none. This applies to bikes designated as race bikes. Both the WR and YZ are considered race bikes so the warranty (as it is) is a gift.

• YamaLink

Posted February 17, 2009 - 07:12 AM

My nephew blew up his week-old YZ125 a few years ago in the first moto of a local mx race. Dealer said the "warranty" was not valid because the bike was being used under competition conditions....and it had an aftermarket exhaust.

• William1

Posted February 17, 2009 - 07:32 AM

With a 2S, if the piston burns or siezes and an aftermarket pipe is on the bike, warranty will almost never cover it. The pipe could of caused the engine to run lean. To win a claim, you'd have to have the engine redone and run with the pipe and same jetting to prove it was not lean. If you absolutely know the jetting was right and not the cause, you'd have to locate a bad crank seal or porus case. You would need a mighty accomodating dealer.

Basic reality is, if you race, you have no warranty, even if you got a 30 day'er.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.