2000 yz426 grey oil out of breather hose

2 replies to this topic
  • jeeper33

Posted February 16, 2009 - 08:08 AM

Hello everyone:
I've come across an odd situation on my 2000 YZ426F. I have grey oil coming out of my breather hose (on the valve cover). The odd thing is, my oil is perfectly fine. I would expect all of my oil to be discolored if I had a problem with my water pump or something grinding in my engine. I'll be taking a look at a few things in the next couple days//weeks, and hope to have a better udnerstanding of whats going on later. For now, anyone have any idea what can cause this? When I saw the grey oil I was initially very worried, and immediately changed my oil, and my oil was just as any used oil would be expected to be. I run full synthetic, no friction modidfiers etc. through the engine, and I've never had problems with it before. Is it possible theres something weird happening int he valve cover that is discoloring the blow-out oil?

Thanks in advance for reading this!

--Jeeper33

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 16, 2009 - 08:37 AM

Atmospheric moisture is all. As you say, your oil would be visibly contaminated if the water were coming from there. It's pretty normal in humid climates.

• jeeper33

Posted February 16, 2009 - 09:29 AM

Grayracer: As always you rock. I can always rely on you to clear things up!

Thanks again!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.