new 450 WR

1 reply to this topic
  • HuskyBob

Posted February 12, 2003 - 10:38 AM

Hello from Mississippi, I'm new to the group and pretty well computer illiterate so if I hose this forgive me. I've been lurking here while my 450 was on order and got a lot of good info. I picked up my bike last friday morning and went stright to my shop and proceded to remove intake and exhaust baffles, check rotor nut at 47 ft.lbs. pull the gray wire, and put in 50 pilot and 160 main,all other carb settings are as set at the factory, and trim 11 mm off the stop. I am very impressed with the bikes power and handling. so far no problems with cold or hot starting. It dos'nt miss ,cough,spit or sputter and idles just fine. I found a lot of discussion here about hard starting when cold. Somewhere in the manual there is a chart that gives directions for starting under various conditions. It states that if the temp is below 40 to operate the throtle 3 or 4 times and start with choke open. This has worked well for me so far.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BEAN329

Posted February 12, 2003 - 05:43 PM

Right, page number 1-17.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.