02 WR 426 Jetting....Calling all Guru's

4 replies to this topic
  • critter

Posted February 12, 2003 - 08:25 AM

The bike is going in for a YZ timing adjustment and a BK mod, what else is there to do ??? I want to make sure I let my mechanic know. I did a search and its a BIG topic and I just need some quick last minute advice from the jetting Guru's. Thanks in advance

Big gun Race, no air lid, going to YZ timing and BK mod

• Hick

Posted February 12, 2003 - 02:20 PM

YZ jetting (99% of that is just the needle change).

Do a search on YZ jetting on the WR side. Or search for "ELN" which is another popular needle code, a bit richer than a YZ needle off the pilot.

I have changed three WRs over to YZ needles (more or less) and IMO it is the best twelve bucks you could possibly hope to spend on your bike (other than a YZ throttle stop).

BTW, post your altitude/climate and you should get some more specific advice.

Well, Port Huron MI sounds like sea level/very cold. I would WAG that a 45 pilot, 170 main, 100 Pilot Air Jet (YZ part), ELN # 4 is a good starting point.

That is a WAG because I'm at 4k ft +, so hopefully someone who rides at sea level will come by and help out.

Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motorod

Posted February 12, 2003 - 05:43 PM

I just ordered 3 Jet Needles to try out on my WR450. I did not know they cost that much! FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT=" I guess I will test them and let everyone know what happens before they have to buy this stuff. If it quits raining and snowing here I might have a chance to try them. Will let you know. Currently running 160/48 thanks to UT-vols. Who else would I trust. What do you think Taffy? I am going to try these jet needles:OBELN-5NL-14916-EN
5NL-14916-EN-00 (#OBELN) for YZ250F 2003
5TJ-14916-D1 #DUQ From my manul for richer jet.
5TA-14916-JN-00 (#NDJN) for (YZ-450F) 2003

• Motorod

Posted February 12, 2003 - 05:57 PM

Cool I'm a TT Bronze Member now What prize do I get ? :)

• Motorod

Posted February 12, 2003 - 05:59 PM

I'm going for EGO status? :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.