Quite, Yet Powerful ? Anyone, Anyone

11 replies to this topic
  • ASternad

Posted July 30, 2002 - 04:03 PM

Hello TTer's,
I need help with finding a quite\non-power robbing exhaust for the North Calif. Area. What are your experiences? I would like it to run like it’s uncorked, but keep Ranger Rick from stopping me as well. I accidentally posted the question on the YZF side and did get some good info. Kind of seems that the FMF “Q” series is a power robber in mid and High. All info is valued. Bike = 02 WR426F, Free Mod’s, Vortip, 15 tooth frt Sprocket, Clark YZ tank/seat.

Thanks for the help

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 30, 2002 - 04:16 PM

http://www.crd-international.com/

Bryan Bosch is running one right now...don't know if it is quiet though.

You will be very hard pressed (impossible...) to find quiet and powerful. I think the "Q" may be your best bet.

• MONTY

Posted July 30, 2002 - 04:44 PM

ASTernad were do you ride in north CA,if it's at georgetown then the only thing that you can do is use stock exahust,at stonyford is a little better.I use a stock exahust with a TTR250 tip seems to work good and is 92db bike has good low end and mid, and top end but I mostly ride trails and tight woods trails so this set up works good for me.I have heard that the FMF has a good pipe out that is ouite and good power.If you ride at any of the above places we will have to get toghter this fall and I'll show you some good trails.
monty

• ASternad

Posted July 30, 2002 - 06:34 PM

Hey Monty,
CC Camp and Cow Mountain is where the main rides are performed. But I do like to try new area's.
This TTR tip is that like the vortip ? Are you running it on a WR426? Let's try and do some ride action this fall. Stony Ford isn't to far.

• Snapper

Posted July 30, 2002 - 06:48 PM

I was looking for the same result and was also looking for a bit more mid range power.

In Aus. the '01 & '02 Exhausts are the same and I think they are the same as the Canadian one.

I drilled 16 X 3/16th holes concentrically around the outside of the core 22mm core(after seeing someone elses post on an Aussie forum).

This released heaps of power but kept the noise well down compared to any aftermarket pipes I have ridden.

I did need to mess with the jetting and also put in an OBELN needle chasing the mid rnage power but now I have it right it is a good CHEAP (free) mod to get extra power.

There is another bloke over here who has gone one step further removing the core and making a larger interchagebale end plate which he has had similar results with.

Give it a go before spending the cash on the aftermarket pipe.

[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: Snapper ]

• SFO

Posted July 31, 2002 - 10:06 AM

Originally posted by NH Kevin:
http://www.crd-international.com/

Bryan Bosch is running one right now...don't know if it is quiet though.

Did the CRD get USFS approval yet?
Does Bryan like it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted July 31, 2002 - 10:38 AM

Originally posted by SFO:

Did the CRD get USFS approval yet?
Does Bryan like it?

They said they would call me when this happened. All that means is either:

a) They forgot to call me.
:) They don't have a USFS # yet for the SA.

• xr600r

Posted July 31, 2002 - 10:47 AM

monty.......where did you get a tt250r insert ?
the yamaha micro-fitche doesnt show this as being a seperate part.
i'm getting a wr450, and exploring my options here.

• MONTY

Posted August 01, 2002 - 09:07 PM

My wifes bike came with 2 pipes a stock one and a white borther E pipe, post on TT and see if any body has one for sale.ASTerned call me at my work 707-446-4066 and give you the run done on the TTR tip
monty

• SFO

Posted August 01, 2002 - 12:05 PM

Originally posted by Hick:

They said they would call me when this happened. All that means is either:

a) They forgot to call me.
:) They don't have a USFS # yet for the SA.

They said they would call me as well.
guess I am "out of the loop"?

• wrsm

Posted August 01, 2002 - 12:16 PM

Just incase you guys want to know what is inside the stock pipes
Check ouPosted Image

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: wrsm ]

• ASternad

Posted August 01, 2002 - 05:14 PM

Well I think I’m going to start with modifying my current stock exhaust system tip.
I did get feed back from the distributors of CRD. Here’s what they sent me.

“for your bike we have more than one system. if you ride off road you can go with absolute power system or absolute performance. the power system will give you better midrange and a longer powerband.the performance is super quiet but heavier and help bttom end to midrange. western riders seems to prefer the power.
power retail is $225.50 headre is$ 129.50- everything is available and in stock.
those pipe where developped for the enduro world championship and team ufo yamaha.

noise level are very low 91decibels for performnace 96decibels for power.
we will have a full test of the preoduct in thumpertalk website in the next few days.

check out the test from transworld motocross issue 14 we got a 9 rating.

take care

eric Gauthier”

Here's there site:
http://www.ligneracing.com
Sounds nice and price is right but I will still start with the mods.
I will let you know how it turns out.
Here I come Ranger Rick.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.